Monday, June 20, 2011

More Fun With Mannequins


I had an irresistable urge to go revisit the mannequin in the tub at Tobacco Barn this weekend.  I wondered if she would even be there-- certainly I would have bought her if I would have had the $145.  She is, after all, a "hard to find teenager", and even if her tub comes for an additional $25 and her hat yet more-- still, I would imagine someone would have snapped her up.  But no.  No one had even rearranged her!  She was still lounging in the tub looking slightly crazy.  So this time I did it.  Very carefully I handled her fragile limbs and gave her a more adventuresome pose.  Then I drew her from two angles.  She now looks to me like she's paddling her tub- boat in a rough sea!  What a devil-may-care girl she is!  She has a sticky piece of something fluffy on the back of her hand, but that's not stopping her.

7 comments:

  1. Make an offer on her...You don't always have to pay full price!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's wonderful that you gave her the opportunity to have an escapade. Perhaps in the Amazon or the Nile, given her headgear.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I plan to go back yet again and give her some tools and different headgear and maybe a Queen Mother handbag. She has so much potential! Maybe they would throw in the tub and hat for the $145--- then I might consider buying.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Funny Post Gwen! Oh do I know about "hard to find teenagers!" I've got one MIA right now:) Hopefully he'll return before his flight to India leaves on Monday! But really you give this teen such a natural look for being so mixed up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What crazy quirky nutty goodness! I wonder if I could find a doggequin to play around with. Oh, I'm so happy to have found your blog.

    Tchao-wow from Ruca in Portugal

    ReplyDelete