Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Getting Loose























I sat down to draw a little sculpture that I made a few years ago, and along came Jesse.  By the time I had finished the first drawing, he was sleeping so soundly that I was able to finish a drawings of him!






















I moved on to draw another little sculpture;  Jesse rolled over and went back to sleep.  I managed to finish another drawing of him.






















By now I was really relaxed and warmed up, and Jesse was beginning to wake up and stretch.  I stopped trying to get it right and just let my pen trace the sweet contours.  My favorite cat drawings to date!

2 comments:

  1. I love your drawings of Jesse! Cats seem to know when you are watching them, even while sleeping. They are very hard to draw because of that!

    ReplyDelete