Friday, March 21, 2014

Dogs and Shoes at Crit Group

 At my critique group this morning someone brought some unfinished papier mache sculptures, wonderfully odd dog figures that seemed to me to be the embodiment of a particular kind of energy.  I liked them just as they were, emerging, stripped of everything except the essential, the airy bones.  Someone else is learning how to design and make leather shoes, and she brought, along with the artwork she's working on, an unfinished pair of shoes (drawing 2073) to show us-- three layers of different kinds of leather, ready to be stretched around a last.   This is something I would like to learn how to do, I think.  
























People in the group always have interesting shoes, so I drew some of them this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment