Sunday, August 17, 2014

Seeds That Fly, Fold, Wrap, Hide, Pop Up, Twist, and Turn

I wrote a bookbinding book for children a number of years ago that had the title Making Books That Fly, Fold, Wrap, Hide, Pop Up, Twist, and Turn, and today's seeds put me in mind of it.  (The most interesting aspect of that title was that the publisher's marketing people allowed it to be -- a 17 word title, which my editor told me was the longest title she had ever heard of.)  Anyway, [Jesse has lately started climbing onto my computer table, sauntering across the keybpard, activating ALL CAPS, grooming himself excessively, and then falling asleep every time I sit down at the computer]  my interest in these seeds today was that they are mostly from plants that are beloved for their flowers, unlike nut trees or evergreens.  These seeds did show a remarkable amount of twisting, turning, popping, flying, and also sticking, springing, and growing enormously long antennae-like anthers.

2 comments:

  1. you MUST go over to sophie munns's homage to a seed project (blog) and see her work revolving around seeds.

    ReplyDelete