Monday, November 17, 2014

Obsession and Entropy

 While painting today's seedless persimmon purchase,  I took a break and googled seedless persimmons.  Apparently this seedlessness is a complex and misunderstood issue.  I copied down a few quotes from a thread on a persimmon growers' list. 
Meanwhile, down at the end of the road, the pumpkins in the silo are slowly returning to chaos.  Only two are still sitting in their windows, and their faces are scrambling and melting.  They're looking less cute and more like terrified prisoners in a tower.  I have to admit that I still like them.

1 comment:

  1. I recognise that tower....and yes, it is probably a red- tailed hawk rather than red- shouldered. Lovely bird. There was one perched near me in a tree in my friend's garden in Tampa when I was there. It stared at me without fear for ages. I was intimidated!

    ReplyDelete