Monday, March 2, 2015

Snow Drops and Farm Eggs

A pot of snow drops that a friend gave us is ready to pop into bloom from its neglected corner of the garden.  I love the lengthening light and warming temperature that let me sit down on a garden stone and sketch these at 5:30 PM after I came home from walking.  I balanced my container of three eggs across the top of another flower pot while I drew, and then drew the three eggs.  I had walked down to the college farm hoping to buy a dozen eggs, but someone else got there first, and the only eggs left were the three that the chicken worker found as we were walking over to the garden cabin.  Well three are better than none, and these three are so beautiful, especially the clay colored one that perfectly matches the red clay that abounds down near the chicken yard. 

No comments:

Post a Comment