Monday, May 25, 2015

The Scent of Roses and Honeysuckle

Yesterday our good friends came over for dinner and brought with them a small bouquet of roses and honeysuckle from their yard.  I closed my eyes and breathed in deeply every time I passed the vase today, and I felt like I was on the trail in the warm sunlight.  Of course flowers don't smell wonderful to make people happy, but isn't it lucky that we love the same smells that bees and butterflies and ants and even flies do?
The marks on these three pages are made by scraps from proofs from the print I'm working on as well as proofs of the little stamps I've made to go with the print.  I was already throwing them in the recycle bin when one of them fell off the fistful I was ready to toss and landed on a page that I had tried out the little stamps on.  I decided to follow this random serendipity for two more.  Now I'm wondering about enlarging them and  carving large blocks of these ---

No comments:

Post a Comment