Friday, January 29, 2016

In Which Dinner is Actually from the Garden Even Though It's January

Tonight, after a nice wintery walk with my friend L and working alongside her all day in the studio, I had to scramble to come up with dinner as it was My Night to Cook.  I knew I had bought some frozen shrimp a couple of weeks ago, unusual for me and I am not a stocker-upper, and I knew there were a couple of bags of snow peas that I had actually grown last summer and frozen when we got tired of eating them in June.  Then all I had to do was run outside and paw through the snow in the slumbering square foot garden and pull out a handful of those hardy Egyptian walking onions!  I stopped to paint everything before stir frying it all with some fresh ginger, garlic, and olive oil.  The peas were a little on the mushy side, but it was still good to see them after their long time in the freezer.

No comments:

Post a Comment