Tuesday, December 13, 2016

Extremely Fast Bakery Challenge and a Fire

 
The line was very long at City Bakery today, but the bread cabinet was full!  I scrawled these out while standing on line.  The woman behind me gave me a strange look when I turned around after giving my order.
 
Yeaterday I spent a lot of time drawing flames from medieval woodcuts showing hell and stake burnings.  I need to make a small rubber print of a fire for a book I'm working on.  So above is one drawing.
 
And another, which I have ended up using.
 
Above is the graphite transfer onto a scrap of rubber, and below are the inked block and some proofs.
 

 

 

3 comments:

  1. Gwen, your flames are going to work really well on your book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. seeing these flames and the jesuses above has me wondering what's up?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wonder too! Working on an artist's book about the tower card and our political scene. Will post pic soon

      Delete