Thursday, January 26, 2017

Jesse Watches the Odometer Turn

 
When I need something soothing to divert my attention from the anxieties of the country,  there is always Jesse.
 
I wish I could shed my worries as he does:  a couple of rolls in the driveway followed by a down dog and he's all smoothed out.
 
But wait!  Right after I did a clunky drawing of him sleeping he turned his head and --I'm not making this up-- stared at me out of the corner of his eye.  So I drew that stare right below and overlapping so that this entire page is drawing 9000.  He knew this was a big drawing and he was it.
 
And then he returned to snoozing, oblivious to my small triumph in finally reaching R. Burr's office to register my NO to the bad nominee for education secretary.

2 comments:

  1. Yay! LOL! I've been watching the last bunches and knew this day was coming up! I'm so happy for you! And what a fun thing to happen for #9000! You are doing so great! Glad we have art to save us from the junk going on in the country! Now carry on! You are almost a master! Whoot! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the uplift CC! It's so good to hear from you😘

    ReplyDelete